No matter what the crisis, when outside circumstances cause disruption in our day-to-day operations it can bring our business, and sometimes our lives, to a screeching halt. This week on Voices in Validation we re-engage Siegfried Schmitt to speak with us about managing your supply chain during natural disasters, global supplier shortages and even pandemics.
In this episode we will discuss
- The impact of Covid-19 on the medical device Supply Chain and what happens as the supply chains change.
- Will the current shortage in device supply lead to drug supply being disrupted by covid-19? When could we see interruptions of drug supplies?
- Will our current efforts towards fighting covid-19 be enough to prevent breaks in the supply chain?
- Should we be concerned about the quality of medical products when non-medical companies are making medical equipment?
- Will this issue cause countries to re-evaluate medical imports ,and perhaps altering the supply chain model forever?
- Where can companies find good references for how to evolve their current supply chain?
- Can companies streamline their process while maintain high quality?
We also learn more about the reference book “Good Distribution Practice: A Handbook for Healthcare Manufacturers and Suppliers,” which provides tips, strategies, and actionable items for intriducing and managing a supply chain in medical device and pharmaceutical industries.
The book is published in two volumes and available at DHI Books, the PDA Bookstore and Amazon.com
- DHI Books – Volume 1 and Volume 2
- PDA Bookstore – Volume 1 and Volume 2
- Amazon – Volume 1 and Volume 2