On today’s episode, Stacey Bruzzese welcomes Felicia Ford-Rice from PAREXEL Consulting to talk the top 3 trending topics in pharmaceuticals – data integrity, AI and leadership.
Stacey and Felicia talk about a variety of topics:
- Felicia talks about the importance of data integrity in pharmaceuticals and why it remains a burning issue
- How do data integrity and security impact the manufacturing process, operations and clinical environments?
- What are the pros and cons of pharma adopting artificial intelligence?
- Where are we in the adoption cycle on AI implementation and how does it look going forward?
- Will AI help the success rates of drugs passing clinical trials?
- Are the leadership roles within pharma changing and how so?
- What skills and strengths will be needed for leaders going forward?
- What steps do industry leaders need to take to move in the right direction while still emphasizing a patient centric mindset?
- MIT study - https://academic.oup.com/biostatistics/article/20/2/273/4817524
Felicia Ford-Rice utilizes over 25 years of R&D, Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance expertise to advise clients on the development, implementation, and management of quality systems to ensure Good Clinical Practice, Good Laboratory Practice and Good Manufacturing Practice and Pharmacovigilance compliance. She provides consulting services on a variety of quality compliance topics including: GxP Compliance/ Inspection Readiness / Training, Regulatory Risk/ Data Integrity/Failure Investigation/ Change Control Evaluation, and Corrective Action and Preventive Action /Product Complaint Assessments. She achieved a master’s in Bioscience Regulatory Affairs from Johns Hopkins University, as well as a Master’s of Management in Business Administration and a BS in Biology from Virginia Tech.