Sampling is a key current good manufacturing practice (cGMP) activity that impacts nearly every activity of manufacturing pharmaceutical products.
Sampling is used during the assessment of:
- Raw materials, labeling, and components prior to release
- Validation of equipment, processes, systems, and products
- Products during production
- Finished products prior to release
- Products during stability studies,
- Data before, during, and after production
The appropriate knowledge and application of cGMP requirements for sampling is critical to the development of a scientifically sound quality system.